Advanced Biomaterials Research Laboratory
Imperial College London, et al.
Nov. 2015 - Mar. 2018
Prof. Toshihiro Kasuga
Nagoya Institute of Technology (NITech)
- Prof. Toshihiro Kasuga
- Prof. Takeo Matsumoto
- Assoc. Prof. Akiko Obata
- Assoc. Prof. Toshihisa Mizuno
Imperial College London
- Prof. Julian R. Jones (Prof. of NITech)
University College London
- Dr. Gavin Jell (Assoc. Prof. of NITech)
The University of Manchester
- Dr. Gowsihan Poologasundarampillai (Assoc. Prof. for project of NITech)
The goal of this project is to develop the world's first "bioceramics with cells manipulating activities," by mutually exchanging and inviting young researchers and integrating their technologies and knowledge. The development of these functional bioceramics will make possible the formation of artificial tissues which closely resemble the original living tissues, and will be a great breakthrough as materials which will open up the way to new regenerative medicine.
(1) Development of a bioceramic matrix which allows introduction and immobilization without deactivating biomolecules
(2) 3-D structuring of materials, evaluation of physical properties and chemical structural analysis
(3) Expression of functions by culturing cells on biomolecule-immobilized bioceramics, and evaluation of effectiveness
|Address||International Affairs Office: kokusai
* Please add @adm.nitech.ac.jp to complete the address.